Links & inspirations
Welcome to what should be a semi-regular set of Interesting Things we found, to do with art, craftsmanship, making, performance, and similar things. This is mostly What I Have Lying Around in my web browser, so please do add more – leave a comment, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tweet us at @MakerStudioUK.
- Weapons of Mass Creation, a set of gorgeous screenprint posters by Angryblue.
- Conscious Elegance, who make wedding dresses & ballgowns in green & sustainable fabrics, have put out their 2012 collection.
- Want to keep your digital goods in a small bottle? Industrial Radical have just the thing for you. It’s simple, straightforward, a decent size (I’ve never understood why so many people doing custom flash drives insist on using 1GB or 2GB hardware, when in a few years you’ll want to be using something bigger anyway), and a really clever idea.
- Sparks Will Fly is a festival for everyone in Essex to celebrate the London 2012 Olympic games. I’m looking forward to meeting Marina Mightier especially.
- Here’s a video for you, too: Exit Strategy, from new album “Little Battles”, by She Makes War. You can get hold of the whole album on Bandcamp.